Next: Version 1.0
Up: New Features
Previous: New Features
- Utility programs: prm_jobs for checking status of running
jobs, prm_stat to query the status of a system manager and the
nodes it manages, and prm_shutdown to gracefully shut down a
- Use of ACLs: System manager uses an access control list to
determine whether the host requesting resources is authorized to use
- Library routines : io_puts, io_gets, io_tputs, io_tgets for
standard I/O to tasks, prm_create_task, prm_aq_rsc and
prm_terminate_job for task creation and resource management.
- Local node manager not required: it is no longer necessary to
run a node manager on the host on which a job is initiated.
- Unless configured with the -r option, the node manager
will only execute programs residing in $PRM_TOP/bin/$ARCH.
Tue Feb 13 13:59:23 PST 1996